Weekend Woes

 It’s a day people say Yeah, I’m so happy finally it’s a Sunday

It’s a day kids say mom today I’ll go out and play The husband says today I’ll rest and relax

And maybe later if I feel like, I’ll exercise and work on building my six pack

I’ll also binge watch that Netflix show

That I started not so long ago 

Today’s I’ll call my college buddies

Just to say hello

But the lady of the house, she’s wise she knows

Just how her every Sunday goes

She cooks she cleans like any other day

In addition to making special dishes her family says

Nothing changes for her and her routine

Except deciding if today she’s cooking beans or greens 

And there’s piles of laundry to tackle in between

So while her family rests and relaxes on weekends

For her the routine never ends

       

                                         ………..Leena

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl, The City and The Marathon - By Nayana Gadkari

Lioness - By Nayana Gadkari

Amma and I: A tale of family traditions