We shall smile again - Deepak Salwan

 



You've been lonely, I feel for you dear friend, I hear you,
It's been a while, Where have you been, I missed you too,

Break the silence, let's hear the words; let's have a talk,
The woods are lush, hold my hand, let's go for a walk.

Let's sit by the river, that bench waited for us too long, 
Sun's shining, do you hear the waves; is your coffee too strong ?

I know, the colors were missing; It's been grey for long, 
Look, autumn's here, it's riot of colours; this is where we belong.

Lie down with me, say nothing, hear the song of that thrush ?
Listen to the wind rustling the leaves, the symphony of nature's hush,

Let your feet touch the grass, let the dew heal those searing scars,
Look up, there's a smiley on the clouds; oh, did you see those shooting stars?

Snow is falling, it's cold; come inside, let's kindle that fire,
Lean on me, tell me all your stories, your every desire,

Pull a rug, let me put you to sleep; I’ll sing you a sweet lullaby,
Drift into the land of dreams, you've been awake for long; get some shut eye.

It'll hurt but you'll heal; the pieces, once broken, will come together,
Sun will shine again, I wont leave you alone through this stormy weather,

Just let go of the weight, empty your chambers; you felt too much pain,
Tonight, you cry my dear heart; tomorrow, we shall smile again

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl, The City and The Marathon - By Nayana Gadkari

Lioness - By Nayana Gadkari

Amma and I: A tale of family traditions