Running Through the Trance


Last weekend on 3/24/2024 I did my first ever 20 miler all alone repeating loops in a radius of 2 miles at a snail's pace... Slowly and steadily chugging along...During those 5 hours many thoughts crossed my mind, many forgotten moments relived and many hidden memories resurfaced. I felt a gamut of emotions from happy to sad, from energized to fatigued, from exuberance to exhaustion. There were so many people I felt immense gratitude for that day. I felt a strong urge to message and thank them all on my return ..Just 3 months back it was an unthinkable thought and here I was today completing the longest-distance milestone of my life.

But...

When I finished the run I drew a blank..Words fell short.I felt inadequate of expressing any sentiment.I felt stoned and expressionless. Just a tear in the eye and a heartfelt thank you to my coach(sometime later) was all I had to express my big day..

Sometimes silence is the best expression, I guess...

A profound state of no emotion is an emotion in itself, isn't it?

Just Like Running Through The Trance.....

Comments

  1. Kudos for the write up and the run!! Amazing stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely written Raman and I can relate to the 5+ hours of running when "no emotion" makes you stoned, which in itself is an Emotion !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl, The City and The Marathon - By Nayana Gadkari

Lioness - By Nayana Gadkari

Amma and I: A tale of family traditions