A Senior Soiree: The Facebook Edition

 So,my mom and dad both love their Facebook.πŸ“² Whoever said social media is a bane should meet them for a tete-a-tete..Both empty nesters happy in their virtual connection with the world around and ten thousand miles away..πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

My mom has found her mojo at a young age of age 70 actively participating in culinary groups,sharing and judging recipes. πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🍳πŸ”ͺShe very proudly displays her vouchers for judging recipes to which my husband wonders if I was swapped at birth, given my exceptional cooking skills...whatever 🀷🏻‍♀️

My dad keeping himself busy with political articles and reels.Its like their simple source of khushi πŸ™‚and gyaan πŸ“–

Well, All is honky dory in their Facebook universe... until they encounter a login hiccup, of course.

Enter their knight in shining armor? πŸ₯·πŸΌYours truly, the techie daughter who they believe can magically retrieve their forgotten passwords and get them back to lala land..

So, this morning, my mom nervously rings me at 11:30 am, wondering if I'm too occupied. Now this question and tone, is akin to the sacred rant of "I can't log in to Facebook."

Mom: I can't login to Facebook πŸ˜žπŸ’”

Me: No worries..(In my mind I'm like. Tell me something I don't know🀣🀣) 

Me: What's the error?

Mom: I don't know. I think even your papa can't log in.

Me: Maa, error kyaa hai?

Mom: Talk to Papa..

Me: Maa listen log in again and tell me the error

Mom: OK. It says login to continue.

Me: Then login.

Mom: OK.....I don't remember the password.

Me: Hmm...No worries. we can reset it through email. What's the email and password?

Mom:Try abracadabra.. Try 123456 Try abcdefghi

Me: None of them work. Any more tries and your email account will also be locked

Me: Let me try the phone number.. It will send you the code in SMS.

Mom after 10 seconds: SMS nahin aaya

Me: Mom give it a minute

after exactly 1 minute

Mom: SMS nahin aaya ab tak. 

After 4 more tries no SMS with the code and no resolution to the forgotten passsword.

Mom clearly disappointed:Never mind. We'll talk in the morning..Why dont you work in facebook?

Me: Even if I did the employees cannot retrieve forgotten passwords..

After 10 minutes mom calls back gleefully πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Mom: I can login now. I got the code through facebook messenger

Me: How did you figure this?

Mom: Oh, my Facebook friend from khana khazana group told me about this option.I thought I'll let you know theres another way also you can login if you forget your password

Now Talk to papa..

Papa: Are you busy?

Now this question and tone is akin to the sacred rant of "I can't log in to Facebook."

Papa: When I login to facebook it says “Something went wrong. Please try again.”

Me: No worries..(In my mind I'm like. Tell me something I don't know🀣🀣) 

With my dad's facebook also not working, Ms Einstein has a Eureka moment!! I google "facebook outage today " and realize that it's my turn again to be their knight in shining armor..

Me: Papa looks like an outage.. subaah tak it will be fine..

After 10 minutes Dad calls back gleefully

Dad: I can log in now..How did you know there was an outage

Me: Just Feeling a bit psychic today 🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️

πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

The Blue-tiful Facebook Trio..


Comments

  1. Too cute and funny how they believe in you 😊πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl, The City and The Marathon - By Nayana Gadkari

Lioness - By Nayana Gadkari

Amma and I: A tale of family traditions