Italy Trip

 

Italy

 

Going to Italy was my life time dream or one of the very important things in my bucket list. I am a born dreamer with a heart of still ten years old😉. I had a vague idea of Italy from movies. I recently went to Europe trip and Italy was one of the main highlights of it.  We visited Rome, Venice and Florance.

             We stayed about 10 days in Italy and spent about 3-4 days in each of the city. Just to know/visit these places we booked couple of day tours. We were lucky enough to meet very friendly people in each of our trip. I observed one strange thing that people around the world is not that different from each other despite their culture, language and skin color. In other words, their emotions are still the same. I personally think their strong family ties resembles with our Indian culture. Another thing I discovered that most people are nice but being nice should start from us.

One Spanish word which I used there very often is “gracias”. It does magic specially, if you use it in Rome. They feel really good if they hear “gracias” instead of “thank you”. They are very courteous with tourists but a bit pushy. Some do take advantage of tourists’ ignorance and charge them a lot in restaurants. Pick pocketing is very common as I lost my expensive pair of sun glasses there. Still Italy is worth visiting because of its monuments and art work. It’s the origin of renaissance era. It was amazing to hear about their architecture. The word” architecture” originated from there which means structures on arch. One of the guides told us. Some of our highlights were Colosseum, Davis’s statue or leaning tower or Pisa. Their Cathedrals were breathless. I was in just in owe seeing their artwork.

   We travelled in Italy by train which was real fun because European train system is amazing. I enjoyed seeing their lovely landscape and real olive trees full of olives. People in Florance were very patient and friendly. Almost everyone speaks English there. I observed that they are very polite and super nice to tourists.

 

Funny facts:

1.       People in Pisa do not like to hear about Florance art work, they think they are better than them.

2.       Sorry word is used as “excuse me” in there. It took me a while to understand😊 when a staff with a handful of food for room service asked me to press the elevator button by saying “sorry can you please press this button for me.”

3.       Most people wear white and black in Italy and it seems as if they have some sort of uniform.

 

Fun facts:

We loved Gondola ride in Venice (which was my lifetime dream) and sang few lines of “ do labjon ki he” famous hindi song.

Loved watching real olive trees full of olives.

Loved wearing white in Italy as this is the most popular color in there.

 

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Great article! Would love to hear about more of your travels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lioness - By Nayana Gadkari

The Staircase - By Nayana Gadkari

The Sound Of The Gong - By Nayana Gadkari