2023 - The Year That Was..

  2023 was a year of revelation. It revealed that my daughter is a good story teller and can write well(her college application essays) but still cannot read and remember the deadlines😵📚. My son can finish his first triathlon and yet will not make it in time to the school bus stop each morning🚌. My husband can swim bike and run a 70.3 but a .5 mile road trip to the Indian store is still a summit to the Mount Everest🏔.. And my 2 dogs 🐶🐕‍🦺  still love their daily quota of single socks.🧦And as for me I still drive like there's no tomorrow...🚗🚗🚗

So,2023 was a roller coaster 🎢. Started slow and steady and mid-year the gears changed. The movie of the year changed from a simple family drama to an action thriller helmed by my daughter..Well,she got her driving permit and my plummet down the dizzy heights began. 


Being in the passenger seat alongside your teenager on her first driving lesson 🚗 is not for the squeamish. The year 2023 revealed to me that I ain't a faint hearted mom,bro♥My peaceful, listening to songs "me" time was long gone. Now everywhere my daughter would drive me with the teenage rush of adrenaline behind the wheels and the I know it all attitude."I'm driving" she would say at the slightest hint of any impending trip outside. 

As the driving gigs started to fizzle came in the biggest curveballs of all times. The College Application Shenanigans.As first timers the entire process seems overwhelming is an understatement. Safety, Target, Reach, Early action, ED-1,ED2, Regular Decision, FAFSA and whatnot..We braved it without losing each other and our sanity...We were in it together..Hum Saath Saath Hain..

As the acceptance letters start coming in "But isn't that like too too far??" I murmur with a tear of joy and pain..

So, 2023 Before it bids adieu finally revealed that happiness and pain are the 2 sides of the same coin of love..You win some😍,loose some...🥹

Comments

  1. Driving with your teenager is always an adventure. I am sure your daughter will land a University of her choice. Great perspective on the year! // Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely description of 2023 ❤️ and so true

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl, The City and The Marathon - By Nayana Gadkari

Lioness - By Nayana Gadkari

Amma and I: A tale of family traditions