My Bell by Neeti Narang

Men from far and near have tried to enter my beautiful home. One rang the bell only once. I couldn’t hear it ringing, so he must have left without trying again. One rang the bell everyday, that too multiple times a day. I didn’t open the door.  I had been hearing a lot of rumors about that one! I just didn’t feel safe letting him in. One rang the bell just enough number of times to get my attention. I opened the door just enough, albeit, with the security chain on. We had a brief chat, but I just wasn’t buying what he was selling. I instantly caught his bluff and sent him away. One even tried to break in without ringing the bell, but I screamed so much that the neighbors called the security. That indeed was a close save. Yet, another one waited patiently by the door, thinking it would miraculously just open someday. He waited and waited come sun or rain or hail. To this date, I don’t know why didn’t he just ring the bell? What was he afraid of? Was it that I wont open the door or that someone other than me would open the door? Or was he just afraid to find another man already in the house? I wish he had at least tried once! If he had tried that day he would have known that he was the one I had been waiting for.  For years I continued to wonder! Maybe he didn’t see the bell, because it was tucked away so deep in my magnificent and labyrinth of a patio that he couldn’t see that it was the bell to my soul, my pleasure, my peace and my longing.  I still wait by the door hoping that someday he will be back. 

Ring the bell sweetheart. It’s time to come home !!! 

Comments

  1. Nicely done Neeti. You did indeed reached in and pulled what mattered to you, the prettiest colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Neeti...so many times one doesn't find the courage to ring the bell. Here's hoping we all find the courage to ring them, even if it is the wrong door at first, the right one is bound to find us :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl, The City and The Marathon - By Nayana Gadkari

Lioness - By Nayana Gadkari

Amma and I: A tale of family traditions