When I am gone... by Deepak Salwan

When I am gone and it’s all bones and dust,

Throw my ashes on the mountains, that's where I should rest,

I’ll melt with the snow and in the rivers I’ll flow,

I’ll find you, they’ll take me there when winds will blow

 

With me, will come the story which I couldn’t tell, couldn’t write,

Will also come a poem which I couldn’t complete, couldn’t recite,

A restless heart, will find a home then, it must,

When I am gone and it’s all bones and dust.

 

On the wings of eternity, like a free bird, I’ll fly,

No boundaries, no limits, just wide open blue sky,

Free from pain, a gleeful soul, riding the gust,

When I am gone and it’s all bones and dust.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl, The City and The Marathon - By Nayana Gadkari

Lioness - By Nayana Gadkari

Amma and I: A tale of family traditions