Unrest - by Archana Ghosh

 

The clock keeps reaching for the hour, and loses it in a second; I lie in unrest
Hours turn into minutes turn into seconds; I lie in unrest

The waves come close to the shore and they fizzle; I lie in unrest

That elusive hour, that elusive wave; like a past unfulfilled; I lie in unrest 


The walls stand solid; the books stand stacked

The naked branches on trees; seem firmly attached; I lie in unrest 


The continuum continues offering the hope of time; I lie in unrest 


Moments remembered, some take my breath away. They are beautiful

Tasks numbered, some engage the mind. They are bountiful; I lie in unrest 


The stone takes on a patina; life takes on a skill; the ways of the world find their insidious ways; I lie in unrest 


The mountain air wafts past me in my imagination, a longing deeply felt; I lie in unrest


Like a swan floating peacefully …; I lie in unrest 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl, The City and The Marathon - By Nayana Gadkari

Lioness - By Nayana Gadkari

Amma and I: A tale of family traditions