A Soul Gone..

During one of our India visits, while walking on the street one day with my daughter we noticed a woman laying still on her side on the sidewalk, eyes shut ... Puzzled, Riya asked me 'Is she alive" and I told her "I don't know". 

Somehow living in the US is like living in a bubble. And when reality strikes through someone laying still on the walkway, it moves you beyond words can ever express.

Dressed in Rags, Wrinkled Face
In Hunger, Despair lay Forlorn

A morsel of bread, some rice,
Some pennies in Disdain & Scorn

People pass, people stop
Some bend down to give an alm

No one has the time to see
A mortal no more but a soul gone……….

Comments

  1. very poignant poem but sad and harsh reality…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl, The City and The Marathon - By Nayana Gadkari

Lioness - By Nayana Gadkari

Amma and I: A tale of family traditions