Pauper’s Plight -Atul Singh


“Sweetest words are those, that connect two people” 

Atul


It’s the prettiest poem of all

yet who can ever write

words are just not good enough 

to have it come out right


It’s about love and hurt and flowers 

and thorns that make up life

yet when I try to write it

I meet the pauper’s plight


I can feel them, hear them, see them

trickling brooks and chirping birds

mountains, trees and heavens

and stars lighting up the night


I can hear the baby’s laughter

and heart wrenching mourner’s wail

I have felt fresh morning dew

and I have faced the fiercest gale


I have lost and found myself some

and sometimes I have cried

yet when I try to write it

words don’t come out right


Oh! I wish upon you lots of pleasure

and maybe a little pain

friend and family’s richness 

and also lonesome days


Wish that you experience nature’s bounty

and all it’s magnificent delights

and sometimes I hope you get lost too

in the dark and desolate night


I seek badly to know you

but just as much to be known

if you haven’t experienced what I did

my words cannot tell it to you right


when both have seen life from the mountain

and also from deep dark well

when both have experienced love and loss

some pleasure and some pain


then I can read you my poem

and you will feel it outright

my words won’t fail me then

and you will know my mind


But alas your life is different

so different it is from mine

the prettiest poem to ever be written

won’t get written yet awhile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl, The City and The Marathon - By Nayana Gadkari

Lioness - By Nayana Gadkari

Amma and I: A tale of family traditions